Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Remove from Multiquote Add to Multiquote
Add Reply
Lucha Underground; GET FUCKED HERNANDEZ
Topic Started: Nov 16 2014, 03:51 PM (30,976 Views)
baddudes
Member Avatar

Welcome to the Lucha Underground thread!

I'll start out by saying, this promotion is great.
Offline Profile Quote Goto Top

Milksword
Member Avatar
BOLIEVE
I was thinking about making a thread for this; glad someone else did. I'm really liking Lucha Underground so far, their production values are great and the matches have all been fun. The way they do the vignettes and backstage segments is so refreshing.
Also, can I just say how much I love Dario Cueto? Getting professional actors to play non-wrestling characters should be done more (if only they'd done the same with Mil Muertes's valet.)

baddudes
Member Avatar

Milksword
Nov 16 2014, 04:52 PM
I was thinking about making a thread for this; glad someone else did. I'm really liking Lucha Underground so far, their production values are great and the matches have all been fun. The way they do the vignettes and backstage segments is so refreshing.
Also, can I just say how much I love Dario Cueto? Getting professional actors to play non-wrestling characters should be done more (if only they'd done the same with Mil Muertes's valet.)

I love the production value. It's weird, they're not quite like promos, not quite like a telenovela. The vignettes are great. There's a good narrative going on, and I'm surprise by how good Chavo Guerrero is.

Dat Triple Threat match tho. Fenix is fuckin awesome.

Opiyel
Member Avatar
EPF Creative & General Manager
Awww, you beat me to it! :D

Even though I've been out of the WWE loop for years (up until August), I've been watching some of AAA, including this year's Triplemania. I'm super excited to see the line up. It's interesting how they got a lot of the AAA roster (Sexy Star, Pentagon Jr.) as well as some indy and ex WWE wrestles we all love like Chavo, John Morrison, and Ricochet. So far I'm loving the stories and the matches. The show has potential and I do love the telenovela intermissions. I think that despite being an hour long, it always feels like they pack good content. Sometimes I do wish it were two hours, but so far, I love the matches.

I think that they could lower the amount of time they spend on the intro promos. Always feels like they take up too much time. Also, while I love the development of Chavo as a heel attacking some of the famous, established luchadors, I think they might have rushed things with Blue Demon's hospitalization. The chair shot to Sexy Star was very unexpected though, and I really liked it. The show does a good job at being edgy without trying too hard. The atmosphere, the mannerisms, and even Dario "El Jefe" Cuerto. I love how they have introduced the Minis, though I am wondering how they handle Exoticos to an American audience.

That triple threat was fun to watch. I can't wait to see how they further Fenix and co. They literally took my three favorite luchadors and put them in a ring together. I can't wait to see what happens on Wednesday. If only I had days off this week...

Fusionman
Member Avatar
EVEN IN YOUR RUMBLE
I also love how El Rey put the main event of the most recent episode on Youtube for free. That was SUPER nice of them and a great plan. Let it spread virally across the IWC

BAH GAWD KANG
Member Avatar
Pin Happy
Apparently Alberto Del Rio claims he's about to sign with two companies that have TV deals but it won't be until January. Since the next tapings for Lucha Underground are in January, I would assume that it's a given that LU is one of the promotions he's talking about.

Milksword
Member Avatar
BOLIEVE
BAH GAWD KANG
Nov 17 2014, 03:52 PM
Apparently Alberto Del Rio claims he's about to sign with two companies that have TV deals but it won't be until January. Since the next tapings for Lucha Underground are in January, I would assume that it's a given that LU is one of the promotions he's talking about.
I think it's confiirmed that he's going there, yeah. It'll be cool to see what he brings to it; he was always a good wrestler but WWE restricted his character a lot.

Opiyel
Member Avatar
Yes since Lucha Underground is owned by AAA and he's on there, it's only a matter of time before we see Alberto. Maybe even Mysteziz will come over as well. I wonder if they'll bring over Hijo de Phantasmo, because while he's good, there is the whole copyright thing with The Phantom over his mask.

Shoenin
Member Avatar

Alberto needs to wait a bit before he'll show up. Pretty sure it was confirmed somewhere he'll show up in Season 2.

Also Push Chavo more

CommanderVid
Member Avatar
that's right snake
It's weird with how wrestling in North America, and around the world for that matter, tends to be run, this is the one promotion that seems to just make really good decisions. The wres kicks ass, the storyline segments are really well-made, they've employed good people and even their merch is above average.

BAH GAWD KANG
Member Avatar
Pin Happy
It's a great product so far, and hopefully it will carry onwards.

Nice avatar btw Vid.

Opiyel
Member Avatar
Tonight's the night! I wonder if they are bringing in any more AAA guys into the fold tonight? I know they teased some retribution for Chavo after he attacked two legends in a row. Fun fact: Mascarita Sagrada is WWE's El Torito's brother. Hope to see what they do with Sexy Star after getting chair shot in the face like that.

With night school and work, I probably won't really be able to see this for awhile sadly :(

Shoenin
Member Avatar

Spoiler: click to toggle

baddudes
Member Avatar

Episode 4 was good, but not as great as Ep. 3.

I just wonder if La Parka or La Parka Jr will make an appearance.

Milksword
Member Avatar
BOLIEVE
Some pretty cool matches this week. Drago is quickly becoming one of my favourites. Was surprised he beat King Cuerno since he was debuting; pretty cool how they pull out unpredictable finishes like that.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Any Other Promotions · Next Topic »
Add Reply