Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Remove from Multiquote Add to Multiquote
Add Reply
Gearbox, why...
Topic Started: Dec 2 2014, 10:28 PM (5,605 Views)
slashkamei
Member Avatar
Learning to make a good caw since 2k13
Ok so...I found this out about Borderlands: The Pre-Sequal today...and they are added to my list of companies I am NEVER buying another game from ever again, next to Capcom. I didn't think Gearbox could be this stupid, but I have been proven wrong. Basicly what the major issues are in TPS is entering the buggy or the hover thing will turn off your skill trees, making you weaker until you save and quit, another issue is some foes they have legendary drops on, don't respawn when you kill them, so you can't farm them for those legendaries, Gearbox's answer to this, nerf the only spawnable boss that drops legendary weapons so he drops them less often.

Gearbox...what the flying f**k!

Edited by slashkamei, Dec 2 2014, 10:29 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Goto Top

Blauze
Member Avatar
Redeemed.
....it makes sense to me.

I didn't have the time to play the pre-sequel, yet (even though I own the game since day 1 and pre-ordered it) but we're talking about LEGENDARY weapons. It's really dumb in MMOs, or games like Diablo, to let 99% of the players own those weapons. They're supposed to be unique, one-of-a-kind, not some common end-game gear. I mean come on, farming IS stupid in most games, anyway.

It's a step in the right direction for me. And no I don't know why everyone hates Gearbox, why everyone wants to F*** Burch, I don't care. I care about the Borderlands series, not the devs ^^'
Plus they can't be worse than Infinity Ward.

But yeah, the bug was pretty stupid.
Edited by Blauze, Dec 2 2014, 10:39 PM.

slashkamei
Member Avatar
I understand that, the issue being is there are so few farmable bosses in TPS to begin with, compared to Borderlands 1 and 2, you can farm all the bosses for those weapons, they are still rare drops and its great to get them, but the way TPS is going about it is all wrong. The only way currently to get Legendary weapons because we only have ONE shot at them per character is to use the Grinder, and now they made it even harder to do THAT!

They are taking away what little End Game fun there was in the game, almost to the point that once you beat the game in TVHM, there is no point to even play it again because you can't get those legendaries! If they have it where we can reset out run then fine, but don't nerf what didn't needed to be nerfed in the first place!
Edited by slashkamei, Dec 2 2014, 10:48 PM.

MrPhoenixCross
Member Avatar
CUTE!
Think this game will make you feel better. Played it a few days ago and I think it's great. So far I like it more then Borderlands 2 and you will too hopefully.

Blauze
Member Avatar
Redeemed.
MrPhoenixCross
Dec 3 2014, 12:04 AM
Think this game will make you feel better. Played it a few days ago and I think it's great. So far I like it more then Borderlands 2 and you will too hopefully.

Eh, a Telltale game... They're usually not my cup of tea. I mean, I can handle QTEs and choosing what my character is going to say during a semi-cutscene, but when both of those things are 49% of the same game just like in The Walking Dead, I don't enjoy it, I'd rather read a book.

I'll still try it because it's Borderlands and it's to me, the best universe since Fallout, but my hopes are really low.

slashkamei
Member Avatar
Oh I have played the TellTale one and its amazing, I'll buy that hands down but I'm done with Gearbox and their bullshit, if you do want to try Borderlands, Borderlands 1 is ok, Borderlands 2 is better, TPS is just...ugh, its only good for one playthrough and thats it.

Choco Nath
Member Avatar
T O P N E P
I know gearbox was involved in the development in the Pre-Sequal but I'm sure it's 2K Australia who were the main developers of the game.

So swearing off Gearbox might be a bit harsh seeing as all they might have done for the game is share it's resources from Borderlands 2.

Also Blauze hit the nail on the head, they're supposed to be rare legendary weapons, making them easy to collect is more counter productive as it takes away from the point of having a legendary class of weapons.

Drbigt
Member Avatar

That's a stupid reason not to buy their games again, especially if you've already beat it or are extremely close to beating it and you just want to show off a giant legendary gun.

slashkamei
Member Avatar
Drbigt
Dec 4 2014, 01:41 AM
That's a stupid reason not to buy their games again, especially if you've already beat it or are extremely close to beating it and you just want to show off a giant legendary gun.

No but really, its odd they take it out of this game when they had farmable bosses and stuff in the other two games, the major issue is they fix something that didn't need to be fixed in the first place, and instead of fixing game breaking glitches THAT THEY KNOW EXIST, they instead are like "Yeah we nerf roid shields, you wanted that right?" THAT kind of shit I can't stand from a company, and I know its more 2K Australia's fault than Gearbox, so I'm done with TPS, I just REALLY hope Gearbox does better with Borderlands 3.

This seems to be a thing we are seeing a lot of, first WWE 2k15 and now Borderlands TPS...maybe 2k is just screwed up in the head or something, I don't know.
Edited by slashkamei, Dec 4 2014, 08:51 PM.

Shadowmaster47X
Member Avatar
1000 YEARS!
I can't rightly believe Gearbox would back pedal like this after BL2 was so fucking fun for me

Sitoutumaton

If anything, you should be mad at Gearbox for screwing up Colonial Marines and using that Sega money to fund Borderlands 2 development instead of using it for the intended game.

That being said, I really do hope them to clean up their game for the HD re-releases of Homeworld. Thankfully the old guard at Blackbird are handling Shipbreakers, Gearbox is just publishing and doing the holding rights thing.

AncientHoliday
Member Avatar
Still has no idea what he's doing
At first I loved Borderlands (2). Then as I kept playing, the humor just got annoying to me. Which is sad because I was REALLY enjoying the game and it's characters. In a few years when some curious young fan goes to play the older games, they'll be confused because half the jokes are memes that date the game like crazy (looking at you too Guacamelee). That 'hilarious' little gremlin called Tina, the 'plot pistol' that has the ability to kill someone whilst completely ignoring the game mechanics, there goes any sort of immersion, just convinces me that Anthony Birch and the writing team can't write.

Playing Tales later today, if all I get is someone constantly calling me 'awesome' or a 'badass' whilst I get bombarded by 'Get rekt' I'm done with this series.

On a closing statement, Krieg is the best character, nothing you say will ever change that.

(These are all personal feelings, regardless, I'm probably going to crucified. And not in the good way)

The All American Macho
Member Avatar

Burch killed Gearbox (and especially Borderlands)

Don't be a Burch.

Sciencejoe
Member Avatar
AigisCoin Investor
I feel like I sort of need to post this. Sorry for posting in an old thread, but...

Posted Image

This is coming from someone who loves Borderlands 1 and 2, btw. (Haven't played Tales yet!)

Karthulu
Member Avatar
Yeah, I'm a fan.
Happy 1 year anniversary of this being a dead topic.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · The Previous Generation of Gaming · Next Topic »
Add Reply