Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Remove from Multiquote Add to Multiquote
Add Reply
WVGCW Pitch 2.0 Discussion Thread
Topic Started: Jul 25 2017, 08:38 PM (31,084 Views)
NottyRose
Member Avatar
A rose, by any other name...
Talk about the pitched characters you like here. The more support a character gets, the better their chances!
Offline Profile Quote Goto Top

Justin_Brett

Call up Nep, work the marks

Wordybird
Member Avatar
Together We OH GOD
Justin_Brett
Jul 25 2017, 08:46 PM
Call up Nep, work the marks
I'm already worked, don't go for the extra mile.

Choco Nath
Member Avatar
What if hope had a gun?
Obviously, I'm all for Alice, thanks to Captain for the great pitch. I just want to mention in here if anyone is wanting the custom Bray Wyatt 'DEH' video I made for Alice uploaded separately, let me know and I'll throw it up on youtube.

Valcion
Member Avatar
START PLAYING UNIST
PUSH EXCELLEN TO THE FUCKING MOON.

VS21
Member Avatar

I knew 2K17 face's was a little off but the thumbnail of Excellen's video really bothers me....

I think that image crosses the Uncanny Valley a bit much for my tastes...

Captain Rodriguez
Member Avatar

VS21
Jul 25 2017, 10:36 PM
I knew 2K17 face's was a little off but the thumbnail of Excellen's video really bothers me....

Welcome to women in 2K17, enjoy your stay.

Mosaique
Member Avatar
>dirtsheets
VS21
Jul 25 2017, 10:36 PM

eh you'll get used to it

Captain Rodriguez
Member Avatar

Notty said to post support in here so I will.

I don't really know my 2hus but Marisa aka STARPANTS has been around as a CAW since like 2013 and I've always liked her.

Lady's also alright, I guess. I don't have an attachment to her since I've not played DMC but she'd probably be a solid addition to the roster, also she has THE TIME HAS COME AND SO HAVE I as battle music so that's a plus.

The Rogue is fucking ready. The 1337speak gimmick has mountains of untapped potential. WoW/MMOs in general is a huge part of gaming culture and having basically a player character stereotype on the roster would be super fun.

EDIT: HOW COULD I FORGET GUNBUN? HIRE HER IMMEDIATELY
Edited by Captain Rodriguez, Jul 26 2017, 03:09 PM.

Wordybird
Member Avatar
Together We OH GOD
I'll throw in some support for Lady as well. She's a solid CAW, an absolute workhorse and her fighting style is entertaining as hell. Also it's another chance to tap into Clover/Platinum's music libraries, even if she isn't strictly one of their creations.

Kingault
Member Avatar

Gonna throw some support for May, Marisa, Excellen, Alice, and two others.

WV hasn't had a Pokemon rep other than Team Rocket from the anime, and May is one of the best and most recognizable female protagonists imo. Good design, a lot of potential with move names, and I think she's pretty likable.

I've always wanted a Touhou rep, and Marisa is probably one of the best choices, seeing as she's one of the series' main protagonists. There's a bunch you can do with her character, and there's a ton of great Touhou music and remixes she could use for matches. Would highly recommend

I haven't experienced much SRW, but I really enjoy Excellen in BWA's plot, and SRW has pretty good music too. You could incorporate other mecha series' music as well. She'd be a blast plot-wise, and mecha series stuff hasn't been tapped before, I think.

Alice.. well, she'd certainly be unique among the roster and, again, she'd be great in plot, wacky, comical, or otherwise. Also, as Captain said, the spider walk is perfect for her.

Also, hire Bungun, sure. Music, plot(there's a trend here), messing with Nap. It'll be worth it. Maybe. :P
Seriously though, I think she'd be fine.

Rogue... well, a FF14 rep might be more relevant, but WoW is still huge and MMOs haven't been represented on the network much. and being a player character, she's pretty flexible. Good teammate, selfish elitist, etc. Also 1337speek. Good CAW, too, but that goes for all of them.

I might make my own pitch later, probably for D. Va if I don't remember another female character I really like exists in 2K17

Edit: Oh yeah, Hilda. BB has an interesting idea with turning TP Zelda into her. Hilda is pretty much one of the Zelda archetype that lost hope, and, well, TP Zelda hasn't been doing well outside of Sheik.
Edited by Kingault, Jul 28 2017, 07:34 AM.

BringBack1996
Member Avatar

I'll throw some support in for Princess Hilda. Her CAW is an absolute money maker with her moveset and appearance, and her actual character is a very fascinating take on the Princess Zelda archetype. Hell, you could probably even make Sheik/Twilight Zelda into her without much in the way of character change come the game transfer.

cliffracer
Member Avatar

I can't believe how much I was interested in the Rogue when I saw her pitch in the thread. That's a really creative idea.

Outside of the expected memes like Leeroy or Barrens Chat, or the heel work that was suggested in her post, I think she could have a cool and calculating raid leader persona if she went face. Studying and dissecting fighting styles so she and her friends can better defeat those 'problem raids' or help out some of the noobs. There's lots of potential in having her act like a 'player character' outside of being a dick!

Call me if you want stories about how DPS players are the fucking scum of the earth though. :disgusting:

Wordybird
Member Avatar
Together We OH GOD
Push Midna. Push her to the damn moon. Excellent CAW, excellent moveset, tons of potential in terms of character, the only reason I didn't make a pitch for her myself is I knew Captain would save me the trouble.

Rude_Semprini
Member Avatar

whens doomgirl

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · WVGCW Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply