Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Remove from Multiquote Add to Multiquote
Add Reply
Re-launch VGCW?!; I'm drunk, with hope
Topic Started: Jan 12 2018, 02:11 PM (1,930 Views)
Unreal King
Member Avatar

Hello! lately I've come to enjoy watching WVGCW a lot, even if it's not what it once was maybe (production-value wise, mainly what the new games don't allow) but it is fun and I really appreciate the team behind it who keep on trucking, and I think many others do too. It's a shining light.

And then I saw this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XIIJh5ACW4A

So forgive the blasphemy but is VGCW too sacred to resurrect in a similar way? has it become a monument only?, does team Notty have to kiss Bazza's toe? or Toh's toe? (lol) and would they want to? could a new team rise up? kick tail? could the shows alternate weekly?

I just had to ask. :yes:
Offline Profile Quote Goto Top

Potatosaurusrex
Member Avatar

i will do it

doomknight66
Member Avatar
Ninja!
Potatosaurusrex
Jan 12 2018, 02:19 PM
i will do it
no you wont

Potatosaurusrex
Member Avatar

update: i will not do it

Choco Nath
Member Avatar
What if hope had a gun?
VGCW itself was closed off pretty nicely, would I like it back? Of course I would but I think we have a good thing with WVGCW and BWA on the Twitch channel airing weekly.

I personally have said I'd like to see another show on the channel but we get a good fill of Wres every week as is, so I think I'm happy with what we get from the hard-working WV and BWA teams.

Soundwave
Member Avatar

I don't think VGCW specifically should come back if anyone other than Bazza/TOH/Kryptik/Cran is behind it, but CAW leagues have been around for as long as there have been wrestling games.

It's only a matter of time and maybe a few years until one gets big again. First it was NoDQ back in the early/mid 2000s, then in 2008-2010 SCAW, SMF, DWA and more were pretty popular (not to the extent of NoDQ though) and then starting in 2012 VGCW became really big for a few years until its popularity died down. What will be the next big CAW league? It's a matter of when, not if.
Edited by Soundwave, Jan 12 2018, 03:49 PM.

DoctorStrangelove
Member Avatar

I have a large number of ideas on how to relaunch VGCW.

First and most importantly, none of the original characters will return except in special matches. Wipe the slate clean.

Second, the name, instead of Video Game Championship Wrestling, will be NEW Video Game Championship Wrestling.

Third, John Romero will be the GM and he will have Superfly Johnson and Sly Boots as his assistants.
Edited by DoctorStrangelove, Jan 12 2018, 07:03 PM.

DocTempo12
Member Avatar

I wouldn't mind a spiritual successor to VGCW, myself. I even had an idea for said successor.

Called MVCW(Multiverse Championship Wrestling), it would have a mix of VGCW wrestlers, newcomers from other franchises not related to video games(hence the name) and other stuff.

I had thought of, in universe, that VGCW was brought by the guy who would run MVCW. Try Casual, Co-Op, and VGCW Championships would be used, with the VGCW Championship being renamed the MVCW Championship.

Eight 8-man elimination matches(I would use WWE 2K18 in this case) would be held; said matches would have a mix of VGCW Originals, potential EDBW wrestlers, and newcomers. The eight winners would compete in either a tournament or a final 8-man elimination match, with the winner facing Ganondorf(who would be the one carrying the championship belt) to determine the MVCW Champion.

Other ideas I had:
- There would be a women's division, but it wouldn't be as big as WVGCW's cast, and no one in WVGCW would be allowed to be in said division, as in-universe, WVGCW still exists.

-Should someone lose 4 matches in a row, unless the fans like said loser, that loser must win his next match, or be fired. Of course, this was an optional idea.

-The MVCW Arena would travel the multiverse(think VGCW season 12 for the general idea.)

So, thoughts on this idea?

BelmontLegend
Member Avatar
Furious Dancer
You guys are funny.

moogledrink
Member Avatar
MAY IS ̶B̶A̶E̶ HEEL!
The next big wrestling e-fed would involve VR so you too can feel the effects of a concussion after a botched top rope flying headbutt.

Prozach
Member Avatar
NOPE.
moogledrink
Jan 12 2018, 11:26 PM
The next big wrestling e-fed would involve VR so you too can feel the effects of a concussion after a botched top rope flying headbutt.
something something de whey

Soundwave
Member Avatar

Prozach
Jan 12 2018, 11:39 PM
moogledrink
Jan 12 2018, 11:26 PM
something something de whey
It's a shame VGCW ended before Knuckles' Ugandan gimmick could take off.

AnthonyDeadman64
Member Avatar
Forever Miku's loyal fan.
Honestly, I'm perfectly content with VGCW never coming back.
(One Night Stands on rare occasions though would be interesting though not gonna lie)

It had a nice ending, a fitting final champion and a legacy that had both a beginning and an end to it.

Most shows that came before VGCW that reached the popularity VGCW had would either end abruptly with nothing to finish off all the loose ends it left behind or would just keep going to no end with people eventually getting sick of it and moving on.

So really in the long run, it was good to see VGCW have a final conclusion and it went out in a spectacular way. Resurrecting it after that just wouldn't be a smart idea in my personal opinion.

Gallerian
Member Avatar

Honestly, I think VGCW should stay over. BWA pretty much took over what VGCW was before it ended. Hell, even some VGCW stars are BWA now.

What I would like to see is a return of some kind of Developmental Division to replace EDBW.
Edited by Gallerian, Jan 13 2018, 10:45 AM.

WhytePanther
Member Avatar
Remember last year when we were excited for this?
Gallerian
Jan 13 2018, 10:45 AM
Honestly, I think VGCW should stay over. BWA pretty much took over what VGCW was before it ended. Hell, even some VGCW stars are BWA now.

What I would like to see is a return of some kind of Developmental Division to replace EDBW.
While I agree a developmental show would be welcome, it's far to late to implement one in 2K17, considering the servers may only stay up for the next 4-6 months. If there was a big push to get everything onto a new game closer to it's release, I could see it, but the time to get everything set up would just not work right now.

And as for seeing potential new stars... I dunno, maybe get on the Discord if you haven't already.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · VGCW Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply