Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Remove from Multiquote Add to Multiquote
Add Reply
Let's Talk Angry Video Game Nerd; Angry Nintendo Nerd. Angry Atari/Sega Nerd.
Topic Started: Jul 1 2013, 08:01 PM (18,739 Views)
Lester

1 of my favorites in VGCW. Former VGCW World and Tag champion. The Fucking Nerd.

To start this, why were people hating on his theme? It is the actual theme that he uses and fits him perfectly. Having something like a instrumental version like Ash would have been a lot lamer and people would ask: "Why no lyrics?"
Edited by Lester, Jul 1 2013, 08:05 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Goto Top

Django Boigas
Member Avatar
hoo's watchin'
Lester
Jul 1 2013, 08:01 PM
1 of my favorites in VGCW. Former VGCW World and Tag champion. The Fucking Nerd.

To start this, why were people hating on his theme? It is the actual theme that he uses and fits him perfectly. Having something like a instrumental version like Ash would have been a lot lamer and people would ask: "Why no lyrics?"
Two reasons: burnout and techno. On the burnout aspect, I'm a James Rolfe fan and while I love the Nerd videos, I kind of grew out of the over-the-top swearing aspect of them and hearing those goofy-ass lyrics kind of makes me cringe at this point. As for the techno aspect... I just don't like how that remix sounds. Full stop. I honestly would pop like crazy if, one day, he just came out to the instrumental original guitar theme, because at the end of the day I remain an AVGN fan. He's one of the wrestlers who Bazza just nails the dialogue for and his partnership with Arino is endearing as all hell. I'm okay with him keeping the midcard warm, so long as he's involved in the league in some capacity.

Lester

Swearing is AVGN's main aspect(like Stone Cold). It wouldn't make sense to have him swearing in dialogue but not have those lyrics in his entrance. That's like toning down Fatalies in Mortal Kombat but keep everything else really gory. It doesn't feel right.
Edited by Lester, Jul 1 2013, 10:21 PM.

Django Boigas
Member Avatar
hoo's watchin'
Keep swearing in his dialogue. Take it out of his theme song.

Or don't, I'm just sayin', that's what I'd do if I was writing VGCW for myself.

Lester

Then chat would be asking about why there are no lyrics. Like with Ash when he had instrumental for some reason.
Edited by Lester, Jul 1 2013, 10:24 PM.

Shoenin
Member Avatar

His theme has to have swearing, its the Nerd Theme.
Techno version.

Also he has the most appropriate finishers in the buisness.

HeyHeyHeyHey
Member Avatar
Hey you,whatchugondo?
ASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

One of my favourites on the VGCW roster,just want to mention that he and Arino fit so well together as a tag team,hope to see more of them in Season 5
Edited by HeyHeyHeyHey, Jul 2 2013, 07:47 AM.

SSBDarren64
Member Avatar
Great Happy Pufferfish
Nerd is also one of my favorites. Great moveset, great teammate to Arino, and great entertainment.

HereComesTheChief
Member Avatar
Like Happy Festival Fireworks, ya?
ASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Gotta love that Nerd, he and the Kacho make up my favourite Tag Team.

2fast
Member Avatar
Say Hi to Kazuya for me
Nerd's theme has to stay the same because CHANNEL 3.

KryptikMCM
Member Avatar
Keep Calm and Get Piss
I personally love Nerd's techno theme. The real deal is just too slow.

Redjameskidd
Member Avatar

KryptikMCM
Jul 2 2013, 02:08 PM
I personally love Nerd's techno theme. The real deal is just too slow.
Agreed, like the current theme, wouldn't change it.

Nerd is yet another real-life person I'd never heard of before VGCW. In fact, I don't think I knew a single one of the "real people" wrestlers except for Barkley because I don't care about YouTube personalities. It's funny how attached I've become to their VGCW versions while still not caring about their real-world inspirations.

doomknight66
Member Avatar
Ninja!
nerd is really unappreciated i think, he was one of the defining vgcw characters early on and put on great shows and is part of one of the most iconic vgcw teams
Online Profile Quote Goto Top

Mr. Target
Member Avatar
Dicks " B E S T G M " Oak
doomknight66
Jul 2 2013, 04:58 PM
nerd is really unappreciated i think, he was one of the defining vgcw characters early on and put on great shows and is part of one of the most iconic vgcw teams
He's a vet now, putting over new talent.

Potatosaurusrex
Member Avatar

The Nerd is definitely one of my favorites. Nothing can compare to watching him kick some :ass:

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · VGCW Wrestler Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply