Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Remove from Multiquote Add to Multiquote
Add Reply
Climb That Ladder Snake...Climb It Slow...; KEPTYOUWAITINGHUH
Topic Started: Jul 12 2013, 01:35 PM (39,750 Views)
Mr. Target
Member Avatar
Dicks " B E S T G M " Oak
Posted Image

This guy was once called "The hardest working man in :VGCW: " That was before he dropped it to Scorpion.

He worked his way to the :DoseBelt: before dropping it to Raph, then losing to his inferior brother.

Working his way to the finals of the KOTR, then losing against Bison after the tournament in a humiliating way (ring break).

The list goes on.

Yet behind the scenes, Snake was a hero. He stopped the time paradox from happening, he started Vamp Hound, Snake saved us from the Drac Pack.

He was no wrestler, the world knows him as a jobber, his friends know him as hero.

Discuss.
Edited by Mr. Target, Jul 12 2013, 03:56 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Goto Top

MrPhoenixCross
Member Avatar
CUTE!
I just can't not see myself cheering for Snake. Even when he goes against others that I may like more. In my heart I always see myself giving the salute to Snake. ;_;7

DesuBlade
Member Avatar
深いダー♂ク ・ ファ♂ンタジー♂!
I wouldn't go as far as call him a Jobber. Bison was always legit. That shouldn't discredit Snake's loss to him. The Zangief match was extremely close and could have gone either way.

HereComesTheChief
Member Avatar
To Each Future
;_;7

He'll always be a hero to me. It's pretty much impossible to boo this guy!
Edited by HereComesTheChief, Jul 12 2013, 01:49 PM.

Mr. Target
Member Avatar
DesuBlade
Jul 12 2013, 01:45 PM
I wouldn't go as far as call him a Jobber. Bison was always legit. That shouldn't discredit Snake's loss to him. The Zangief match was extremely close and could have gone either way.
Thread was more of a play on an image I saw on the wiki than me actually believing that Snake is a jobber.

On the other hand,

Ratings: July 11, 2013 (Start of Season 5)

Rank

Wrestler

Egoraptor
Gary Oak
Solid Snake
Luigi
Rating

Record

0-3-2
1-6-2
10-12-1
0-4-4

What you're seeing is going to haunt Snake for the rest of his life. :disgusting:
Edited by Mr. Target, Jul 12 2013, 01:50 PM.

fakeangel
Member Avatar

Can't never not salute ;_;7

Shoenin
Member Avatar

10-12 isnt really obber status though

John Dudebro
Member Avatar

Poor Snake just can't seem to figure out the basics of CQC.

Redjameskidd
Member Avatar

Shoenin
Jul 12 2013, 02:18 PM
10-12 isnt really jobber status though
Yeah, he's very, very low in the rankings for having as many wins as he does. I guess he's just lost against some VERY low-ranked competition. Losing to Gief will bury you in the rankings, no doubt.

I'll always love Snake, though. Without his watchful eye, the entire space-time continuum could have been destroyed.

Django Boigas
Member Avatar
hoo's watchin'
Mr. Target
Jul 12 2013, 01:35 PM
Working his way to the finals of the KOTR, then losing against Bison in a humiliating way.
Fact check: he lost against Eggman.

On the topic of rankings: rankings are biased towards recent results. The way ELO works, your rating is adjusted match by match and so trends are strongly reflected on the rankings. Snake's recent record is pretty spotty, with his four latest singles matches being losses against low-ranked opponents, which will take a huge hit. It may not be an accurate reflection of his ~*~power level~*~ but honestly it's a pretty accurate reflection of his current standing in the league. Losing to Phoenix after the whole "I'm sorry for what I have to do" thing and giving Gief his first singles win since November of last year has made Snake look bad, man.

Mr. Target
Member Avatar
Django Boigas
Jul 12 2013, 03:29 PM
Mr. Target
Jul 12 2013, 01:35 PM
Working his way to the finals of the KOTR, then losing against Bison in a humiliating way.
Fact check: he lost against Eggman.

I was referring to his next match after the KOTR, I considered reaching the finals as a feat itself.

Django Boigas
Member Avatar
hoo's watchin'
Mr. Target
Jul 12 2013, 03:33 PM
I was referring to his next match after the KOTR, I considered reaching the finals as a feat itself.
Oh yeah, the ring break. Carry on then.

Redjameskidd
Member Avatar

Django Boigas
Jul 12 2013, 03:38 PM
Oh yeah, the ring break. Carry on then.
Oy, I forgot about that. Snake has had it rough as of late.

Brodehouse
Member Avatar
YEAHYEAHYEAHYEAH
I rarely advocate buffing or nerfing certain characters, but Snake feels like he should be better than he wrestles. He's such a great character archetype, his games are fanservice in themselves which aids to VGCW characterization, and his entrance is unreal. It feels like Jensen has obsoleted Snake as the tweener stealth game badass.

Snake is a house show wrestler with a main event gimmick.

MacScrewedMac
Member Avatar
Guile did nothing wrong
Losing to Liquid wasn't that bad, he does have SUPERIOR GENES after all :jerry:

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · VGCW Wrestler Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply