Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Remove from Multiquote Add to Multiquote
Add Reply
How about a game of Lucky Hit?; Hazuki-san thread
Topic Started: Jul 21 2013, 11:51 PM (4,636 Views)
batfax
Member Avatar

Ryo Hazuki, the protagonist of Shenmue, the martial artist who at just 18 years of age survived a 70-man rumble as entrant #1, owner of a Sega Saturn nearly a decade before it even released, collector of toys, kicker of a guy on a motorcycle that one time...

Posted Image

... and underachiever in VGCW. While Segata's had over 20 battles under his belt, seized the casual championship, and finally taken his revenge on the one that got away, Ryo has barely had a moment to shine. With a grand total of one 1v1 match since his debut in February.

How do the people feel about him? Has his appearances during co-op or Royal Rumbles made a solid enough impression? Or does he need a little bit of a push to help people remember he still even exists?
Offline Profile Quote Goto Top

MrPhoenixCross
Member Avatar
CUTE!
I think all will be fine for Ryo once he finds the sailors. Kappa

But seriously I am a fan of him and I would like him to do better.

Policenaut
Member Avatar

I really don't think Ryo is cut out to be a team player. Yeah it's really appropriate that he's in Dream Teamcast with Segata but I just don't feel like he fits in co-op. I remember being somewhat impressed in his fight against Phoenix Wright, and I'd really like to see him perform more in singles.

freethedose
Member Avatar
CRAZY NOISY BIZARRE TOWN
I hope he doesn't get fired, he's only had one 1v1 in his career.

pyrrhickong
Member Avatar

Dude's pretty okay. Not much of a chance for him to shine, 'beating Standard Moveset Wright', 'causing Wario Ware to beat you because you don't understand how count-outs work', and 'getting killed by DK' isn't exactly a lot to put on your resume, and it's pretty much all he has. Dude is either in desperate need of an angle or in desperate need of a fight with a high-midcarder to qualify his performance. Him beating Phoenix convincingly is nice, it puts him above the Bisons of the world, but... yeah. We simply need more of the guy, not much else to say. Sailors will only let him live for so long - that said it's a cute meme.

Nathorus
Member Avatar

Ryo is one of the few wrestlers I wasn't familiar with so I never grew much interest in him. I knew of him but never played the game. I think he does indeed need more single matches. Right now he is kinda on the back burner. With new CAWs coming in I think he would be a good contender to go up against them (like airman)

Cheer This Dan
Member Avatar
Big Hoss
The guy needs more plot time, that's for sure.
Hell if it's just him pestering people backstage asking if they've seen any sailors/a black car drive by (Phoenix anyone?) or if they want to play a game of Lucky hit and have him brawl people when they decline/don't know Segata style.

Brodehouse
Member Avatar
YEAHYEAHYEAHYEAH
I just don't see a lot to do with Ryo. He's looking for sailors and he didn't ask to have his picture taken, but that's really about it. Dude should be acting as enhancement talent.

Hopeford
Member Avatar

Is there another wrestler who's also a sailor? Because if so, that might give him something to do.

Django Boigas
Member Avatar
hoo's watchin'
Barret did wear that sailor outfit once...

Veryslightlymad
Member Avatar
Dracula's drinkin' buddy
I like his move-list. I'd like to see him take on the Kacho in a match of furious feet.

PunkBoy
Member Avatar
The Sweetest Sting
Well, even though he was basically put up for sacrifice, Ryo still kept on fighting til the end. He even got the first solid knockdown on Mac! Really made up for his mediocre Rumble performance.

DesuBlade
Member Avatar
深いダー♂ク ・ ファ♂ンタジー♂!
Even though he didn't win against a match he really didn't have much of a chance of winning at, you gotta admit that Ryo left an impression on you. He did damn good and turned a potential squash match to an amazing Last Man Standing match. And to think that talent like that was about to be sent to the chopping block.

batfax
Member Avatar

I definitely think Ryo earned some respect with that match. He never stopped going, did some serious damage, and it's probably notable that it took a finisher to... finish it. From what I understand from SNST, in Last Man Standing even one of those completely useless custom finishers can end the match. Hope Ryo earned some more bookings with this.

freethedose
Member Avatar
CRAZY NOISY BIZARRE TOWN
Yeah, hopefully we'll start seeing more 1v1 action from Ryo after that performance. As of now, he has to be the most poorly booked character in VGCW.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · VGCW Wrestler Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply